Surface pro 3 power cord, 2 pin and 3 pin plug

Problem:

  • Have to plug the surface pro 3 into different wall plug standard (say, 2 pin and 3 pin type).
  • Do not want to use the adapter as it is bulky.
Solution: Buy a power cord of MacBook charger. It fits perfectly.

I got my surface pro 3 with a three-pin plug in the power cord, as I live in Singapore. Unfortunately, I have to move to other country, and this country uses different type of socket. I hate using an adapter, because it make the plug, original bulky enough, more bulky. 


I try to buy a new cord for the charger, but as surface pro 3 is new, it is hard to find one. The only option is to buy a new charger from Microsoft. Luckily, I saw the charger of a Macbook and try it. It fits to the surface pro 3 charger. The best thing is that this cord can be found easily, from ebay or electronic shop.


The only problem is the color, Mac love white color while Mic love black :).

No comments:

Post a Comment